Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

3/28/2011

The long hiatus

It's been more than two months since the last post about Corduroy. Alicia still loves playing with the buttons, carries her Corduroy around now and then and has learnt the art of buttoning and unbuttoning (mostly the unbuttoning bit).

If you've noticed, there's a new ticker on my blog - yeah, it's that pregnancy ticker! That should explain the long absence. First trimester woes really got to me and blogging was seriously the last thing on my mind. Now that I'm 10w4d today, I feel much better, though I still get those sudden tiredness spells and feel like I got hit by a truck. Fortunately morning sickness this time round was much better than when I had Alicia - the last time I was nauseous throughout the day, retching like every few minutes. This time round, I'm just rather averse to coffee (it was my favourite drink! - just as well, you say), vegetables and some other smells that permeate my kitchen and house at about dinner time. Cooking (other than for Alicia) as you can understand then, was not on my list of favourite things to do and for the past few weeks, we basically ate whatever I felt like eating at that moment. That seemed to be the best solution as I had and have sudden whims and fancies. The preggo wins, naturally, when it comes to choice of food. I just started cooking again lately as I started to miss some of my own cooking and with the first trimester woes abating slightly. 

As for homeschooling, it's taken a backseat for the past few weeks too though we've faithfully gone to the library once a week to do some reading and borrow books. I've made only one set of alphabet learning aids (the letter M) and that's all I've had energy to make. We still have fun reading books though and I started her on a tracing activity book where she learns to draw proper lines to form a picture - long, short, vertical, horizontal, diagonal and other shapes and pictures she sees on the page and fancies to trace (though they aren't really meant to be traced). She was really into it for awhile but her interest has waned slightly recently. Perhaps it's time to whip out a new activity book - she tires of a book after awhile.

Is the pregnancy planned? Nope. We actually wanted to stop at one, or at least have a bigger gap between the kids (though three years is actually to some a big age gap already). Oh well. God has other plans for us I guess!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...