Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

9/01/2009

Nursing Strike

When Alicia was about 4 months old, she went on a nursing strike for a few days after the jabs that she took in the 4th month. It was a terrible time and nursing her again became a time for battle.

A nursing strike is when a baby stops nursing abruptly.

I tried the following methods during this period of time:
  • Feeding her when she's sleepy/ just woke up
  • Feeding her in a different way such as feeding her and walking around at the same time
  • Offering the breasts often (I had to try very very hard not to make an issue of it when she refused me)
Fortunately, it didn't last long and my milk supply didn't drop much because I managed to coax her into drinking sometimes...

You can read the following (which I find useful) for more information on nursing strikes:
  1. kellymom - nursing strikes
  2. Surviving a nursing strike by Becky Flora, IBCLC
  3. Is Baby Weaning or Is It a Nursing Strike? by Nancy Mohrbacher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...