Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

10/06/2009

Fun with cookie cutters

So busy lately with so many things... finally got to write about this new craze of mine. Ok, I didn't bake any cookies but just decided to have fun with cookie cutters anyway by trying to cut just about anything that can be shaped with them. Hehe.

I first experimented with bread by making little sandwiches for alicia. I spread a very thin layer of sardine on the bread and here're the sandwiches I made from the first batch of mini cookie cutters (set of 3) I bought from Daiso for $2!





My lunch and her breakfast!
She was very happy to see the cute little pieces of bread that she was in a frenzy and tried to snatch them all off the plate. When they fell off the plate, she quickly snatched one and popped it into her mouth! I kept telling her that they were all meant for her but she was just too kiasu... Such a cutie... Actually making sandwiches with the cookie cutters was just to entice her to eat bread, which she has refused for quite a while, for whatever reason. I didn't quite succeed coz she only agreed to eat 2 of the 4 sandwiches...


After sandwiches failed, I decided to use my cookie cutters on sweet potatoes. hehe... I figured that's the only use I have for it since the other food in her diet are not suitable to be cut by cookie cutters. Here's the first batch of sweet potatoes I cut using the Daiso cookie cutters:




Subsequently when we went shopping at Takashimaya, I chanced upon this set of cookie cutters that costs $8.50. Since we were using vouchers to purchase stuff that day, hubby agreed to let me buy this whim of mine. Unfortunately, these cutters are quite big and the Japanese sweet potatoes are quite small so I didn't manage to use all of my cutters. Anyway, here they are:






Alicia likes her new sweet potato cuties: bears, hearts, pigs, penguins, elephants, cats, dolphin (only managed 1 but she ate it before I had a chance to take a photo of it). Didn't manage to use the dog-shape cookie cutter coz it was too big for the sweet potato. I also realised that it's really tough to use the cookie cutters on purple sweet potatoes coz they crumble easily... as for orange sweet potatoes, Alicia isn't really fond of them nowadays. Her current favourite is the yellow Japanese sweet potato so I try to make more of that for her these days and less of the purple and orange ones. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...