Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

1/16/2010

Baked Squid


I'm definitely not a lover of squid, but my hubby is. So I cook this every now and then for him, but to be honest, I've never tasted it, not even the sauce. He claims it's nice so I just take his word for it. :)

Baked Squid


Ingredients:

  • 1 small squid (cost me $1.50 at the wet market)
  • cornflour

Seasoning:

  • 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
  • a dash of dried basil leaves
  • a dash of ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sugar

Method:
  1. Clean the squid and remove the inerts.
  2. Marinate the squid with the seasoning (I usually do it overnight).
  3. Preheat oven to 200degC.
  4. Bake squid at 200degC for 10min. Reserve leftover marinade.
  5. Turn squid over, pour the marinade over it and bake at 200degC for a further 10min.
  6. Take the squid out. Place the squid on a plate and pour the sauce into a small saucepan.
  7. Add cornflour solution to thicken the sauce then pour it over the squid.
  8. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...