Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

1/11/2010

The newest topping for Alicia's cod


I've been thinking about this for ages. Just that somehow oranges just always didn't seem to make their way into the grocery trolley. Finally, two oranges found their way into my fridge yesterday and so I made this sauce for my darling today.


Don't ask me where I got such an idea, or inspiration, if you may want to call it. I don't know. Wild ideas like these pop into my mind all the time - and I actually entertain them. :D Whatever it is, what's most important to me is that Alicia loves it. At least till the infamous "last mouth of cod (or substitute this with any other food)" - she always seems to leave 1 mouth of food behind. The reason why she does so simply eludes me.


Anyway, here's her newest topping. You may find it unfathomable. :)



Orange (juice) sauce (yields enough sauce for 2 servings of 30g cod - you can keep the other half for use later in the day or the next day)


Ingredients:

  • 1/4 orange (mine's one of those big navel oranges)
  • a bit of cornflour
  • sugar to taste (if desired - if the juice happens to be very sour)

Method:

  1. Squeeze the juice from the slice of orange. Be sure to sieve out all the seeds. Remove any lumps of pulp so that the sauce will be a smooth one.
  2. Bring the juice to a slight boil in a small saucepan.
  3. Add sugar to taste if needed (The sauce should be one that has a sweet and tangy taste - not just sweet or sour).
  4. Add in cornflour to thicken the juice so that it becomes like a sauce.
  5. Drizzle sauce on top of the slice of steamed cod.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...