Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

2/04/2010

Simple fried rice


It's been very hectic for me lately, with Alicia suddenly falling ill on Tuesday - stuffed and runny nose and a slight cough. Fortunately, she's showing signs of recovery and there's hardly a cough and the mucus is drying up now *cross fingers* And because she's spending more time awake recently so I've had very little time to call my own... but I really enjoy every moment spent with her! She's so responsive and picking up things so quickly now that I'm trying my best to capture every teaching moment.


Anyway, I digress.


This was supposed to be a post about my fried rice. I scheduled to cook it yesterday as I knew I didn't have much time to whip up a 'proper' meal (had arranged an appointment with the insurance agent to come over). I pair this, together with a soup, when I'm very busy and don't have much time to spend in the kitchen.


And so, here it is:



Simple Fried Rice (serves 2 greedy adults)


Ingredients:

  • 1.25 cup rice grains (I used the cup that comes with the rice cooker)
  • 2-3 handfuls of mixed vegetables
  • 2 chicken sausages (sometimes I substitute this with chicken fillet chunks)
  • 4-6 crabsticks (depending on your preference)
  • 2 pieces of fishcake
  • 2-3 shallots (sliced thinly)
  • 2 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 1 small yellow onion (chopped)
  • fish sauce

Method:

  1. Cook rice in the rice cooker.
  2. Cut the chicken sausages, crabsticks and fishcake into small pieces.
  3. Heat oil in a wok and fry the shallots till almost golden brown then add in the garlic and fry till fragrant (be careful not to burn the shallots/garlic) - by then the shallots should be golden brown.
  4. Fry the chicken sausages, crabsticks and fishcake pieces in the shallot and garlic oil.
  5. Remove from wok.
  6. Add oil and fry chopped yellow onion till limp. Return the previously cooked chicken sausages, crabsticks and fischcake pieces to the wok.
  7. Add the cooked rice and mix the ingredients well.
  8. Add fish sauce to taste.



I like the combi of the sausages, crabsticks and fishcake as these three items have very different textures!

Note: Suitable for toddlers above 24months due to processed foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...