Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

3/05/2010

Easy Chicken and Mushroom Crockpot Meal

I've been ill again (since last Friday but am almost fully recovered) so haven't been cooking much - and if I have, it's just simple, convenient food. Today since I had to bring Alicia to JG for class, I knew I won't have much time to prepare dinner since it's usually quite late by the time we get home and she finishes lunch and takes her nap. So I decided to prepare a crockpot meal and after pondering over what should go into the pot, I finally came up with this (served over cooked pasta):



Easy Chicken and Mushroom Crockpot Meal


Ingredients
  • 3 skinned, deboned chicken thighs (visible fats removed)
  • 10 white button mushrooms (my favourite!) (remove stem and cut into half)
  • 2 leeks (cut the white segment into about 3cm-length parts)
  • 1/2 large white onion (chop into large chunks)
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom with roasted garlic

Method:
  1. Place the leek and white onion into the crockpot first.
  2. Arrange the chicken thighs on top of the leek and onion.
  3. Place the mushrooms on top and pour the two cans of soup in (without diluting).
  4. Cook on low for 8hours.
  5. Serve over hot pasta with a generous topping of Italian herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...