Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

3/26/2010

Roast duck fried rice



I cooked this for last night's dinner. I'd meant to go to the market in the morning but Alicia was sleepy and slept in so I couldn't make it to the market to buy groceries - hence this dish. I was thinking about what to cook given the circumstances and the available items in my kitchen when I suddenly had a craving for this fried rice. Besides, it gives me every excuse to buy the roast duck from the coffeeshop downstairs which sells really delish roast duck. :D

I would have added some other ingredients into the fried rice if not for the fact that they weren't present in my kitchen and the afternoon shower at my area meant that I really had to just learn to work with what I have. And so, here's my roast duck fried rice...

Incidentally, Alicia liked this dish... it's the first time she's agreed to eat fried rice!


Roast duck fried rice (serves 2 adults + 1 toddler)


Ingredients:

  • Roast duck breast meat ($8)
  • 3 slices ginger
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 2 shallots
  • 1/2can canned pineapple (use fresh if you have/ prefer)
  • 1/2can straw mushrooms
  • 1/2 carrot
  • light soy sauce to taste





Method:

  1. Shred/ chop duck meat into smaller pieces.
  2. Mince the garlic.
  3. Slice the shallots thinly.
  4. Peel the carrot and cut into fine strips.
  5. Cut the mushrooms and pineapple into cubes.
  6. Cook rice as you normally would. Use overnight rice if you have.
  7. Heat oil in a wok and add in the ginger first. Fry till fragrant.
  8. Add the shallots and garlic.
  9. Add the carrot, fry for awhile before adding the duck meat.
  10. Toss in the pineapple cubes and straw mushrooms.
  11. Add the rice and mix all the ingredients thoroughly, making sure that there are no lumps of rice.
  12. Add light soy sauce to taste.
  13. For a richer taste in the rice, you may want to add some of the syrup from the canned pineapple. (optional)
  14. Top with more cubed pineapple and a handful of wolfberries (optional) 
  15. Dish and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...