Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

6/25/2010

Bak chor nng (minced pork with egg)



This has to be my favourite dish since I was a child! It goes way back to the time I was a young child and my grandma would prepare this for our lunch to go with our Teochew porridge. When I was in primary school, I even helped to prepare this by mincing the pork with the cleaver (yes, I was entrusted with the cleaver!), beat the eggs.... all except flavour it since I knew nuts about it then.

Years down the road, this dish hasn't been forgotten by my family and I was reminded to cook it for Alicia only lately when she had it at my mum's and showed her fondness for it as well. I'm pleased not because she shares my tastes but her acceptance of this dish means that she gets the goodness of both egg and minced pork! I've been having problems getting her to eat egg for a long while and this is the only egg dish thus far that she's ok with!




See the little holes I poked in the centre?
They're to check if it's done!



HOT!


Bak chor nng (minced pork with egg)
Makes 1-2 toddler servings (depending on how much your child can eat!)

Ingredients:
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons minced pork
  • about 1 tablespoon water

Marinate minced pork with:
  • 1-2teaspoons oyster sauce
  • a couple of drops of dark soy sauce
  • a dash of ground black pepper
  • a couple of drops of hua diao jiu
  • a dash of sesame oil


Method:
  1. Add about 1 tablespoon of water to the minced pork. Using your fingertips, run through the mixture to ensure that there are no lumps and no tendons etc.
  2. Marinate the minced pork with the seasoning. Set aside for awhile.
  3. Crack the egg into the small bowl containing the minced pork and mix well.
  4. Steam for 20min.
  5. Serve with porridge (ideally) but it's ok with rice too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...