Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

11/30/2010

Stir-fried fish slices

I haven't blogged about food in ages! teehee.. well, here's a simple stir-fried fish dish that's healthy and yummy  and one that pleases tots as well! I cooked this some time back... hopefully I got the ingredients right in this recipe... lol. My memory fails me sometimes...

Alright, the real reason why I fried my fish this time was because the slab of red snapper had been sitting in my freezer for ages so I decided I'd better not serve it steamed... :P



Stir-fried fish slices 


 

Ingredients:
  • 1 slab of red snapper meat, sliced (not more than 1cm thick)
  • a couple of bunches of scallions, washed, cut into 1-2" segments
  • thumb-size ginger, shred finely
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced


Marinate fish slices with:
  • ground white pepper
  • light soy sauce
  • hua diao jiu
  • sesame oil
  • 1-2tsp cornflour (so that the fish will not disintegrate when frying)


Sauce:
  • oyster sauce
  • soy sauce
  • sugar (optional)
  • ground white pepper
  • sesame oil
  • water

*Add sauces and condiments according to your own tastes*

Method:
  1. Mix all the ingredients needed for the sauce in a bowl and set aside.
  2. Heat oil in wok. Add the garlic, ginger and scallion and fry till fragrant.
  3. Add the marinated fish slices and stir-fry quickly for a couple of minutes (be gentle with the fish).
  4. Add the sauce prepared earlier into the wok and bring to a boil.
  5. Add cornflour solution if preferred.
  6. Dish and serve hot with rice.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...