Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

1/24/2011

止咳化痰饮料 (drink for ridding cough and phlegm)

I've been suffering from cough for quite awhile since I caught the flu bug from Alicia earlier in the year.

This is one of the drinks I tried brewing in my desperate attempt to get well. I'm not sure how many times I'm supposed to drink it before I get well, but I only tried twice and I stopped - cough didn't go away, but phlegm did though. :)

Anyway, my doctor just told me yesterday that my cough is more likely due to throat and airway sensitivity so he didn't prescribe me with new cough syrup; instead he offered me medication for my throat. I hope it works!


止咳化痰饮料 (drink for ridding cough and phlegm)


Ingredients:

  • 1/2 liang chuan bei (贝)
  • 1tsp bitter almond
  • 1tsp sweet almond
  • 4 figs
  • 1 dried orange (ju bing)
  • 1L water





Method:

  1. Rinse the herbs.
  2. Place herbs in 1L of water and bring to a boil.
  3. Simmer for 45min and it's done :)

For tot's consumption:
I checked with the TCM hall and the assistant informed me that this drink is suitable for tots suffering from cough and phlegm but in small amounts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...