Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

4/26/2011

Water chestnuts with sweet corn dessert soup


My mum made this for me when I was young and now I make it for my darling! Alicia loves this dessert soup - which I don't make so sweet so that she has it as a drink, not just as a dessert on days I cook it. 

The water chestnuts are 'cooling' in nature, have a nice crunch and paired with the fragrant, sweet corn kernels, you can imagine that it is a refreshing dessert and drink for both adults and kids.

I cook this about once a week for Alicia and hubby and we have barley water twice a week (she loves to eat barley too!)

This dessert takes only 15-20min to cook so it's really convenient!

Water chestnuts with corn dessert soup


Ingredients:

  • 5-8 water chestnuts (washed, peeled and diced) - adjust according to your preference
  • 1/2 soup bowl of frozen sweet corn kernels (you can use fresh corn and remove the kernels if you have time)
  • about 1.5L water
  • about 8 pieces of wintermelon strips (adjust according to preference)



Method:

  1. Add the diced water chestnuts, corn kernels and wintermelon strips to the pot of water and bring it to a boil.
  2. Simmer for another 15-20min.
  3. Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...