Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

9/12/2009

Mini Muesli and Apple Muffins

I made mini muesli and apple muffins for Alicia yesterday while she was taking her nap. A close friend of mine whose daughter liked the eggless apple muffins I baked last time asked me to post the recipe here so that she can make the muffins in her own time. Well, this recipe's found on the packaging of the Heinz Muesli and Apple Cereal (for 10-15mths) so I think it's ok to share it here. :)

Mini Muesli & Apple Muffins

Ingredients
  • 11/2 cups self raising flour, sifted
  • 1/2 cup Heinz Muesli & Apple Cereal
  • 1/2 cup light brown or raw sugar (I used Origin's organic raw sugar)
  • 2T sultanas
  • 1tsp cinnamon
  • 3/4cup full cream milk (I used breast milk)
  • 1/3cup canola oil (I used olive oil)
  • 1 x 120g can Heinz Apples (I used 8T of homemade applesauce)

Method

  1. Combine flour, muesli, sugar, sultanas and cinnamon.
  2. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
  3. Stir in the milk, oil and apples, until just combined.
  4. Spoon into lightly greased mini muffin tins. (I used mini silicon muffin cups I bought at Daiso and the muffins came out so easily!)
  5. Bake at 180degC for 12-15min, or until golden. (I had to bake it for 20-25minutes before they turned slightly golden.)

Freeze for up to 3 months.

I made 28 mini muffins (I told my friend 32 - mis-counted) but I ate 2 coz they tasted so yummy so there're just 26 mini muffins left for her. She's eaten one yesterday and one today... 24 left! :D

Here're a couple of pictures of the muffins:


The first batch fresh from the oven!

Yummy!

10 comments:

  1. looks yummy! i wanna try to make muffins for jumpy too! but got to look for suitable recipes.. this one.. i dun have most of the ingredients hehe unless i modify the recipe a bit by using oatmeal instead of the instant cereal..

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, any idea how long can these baked pdt still be suitable for consumption after its been defeeze? lets say i defreeze some pancakes for jumpy but then didnt have a chance to let her eat then how many days can i keep those pancakes in the fridge before i need to dispose them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe... what about the previous recipe i passed to you? I think you can try that... but I personally prefer this muffin coz i find the eggless apple muffin a bit soggy (due to the yogurt) and I dun like my muffins to have such texture...

    Usually if i forget or didn't have a chance to give her the defrosted food, I'd just dispose of it at the end of the day. Better be safe than sorry... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh okok cos i defrosted quite alot lol. nvm i will throw them away..

    the other recipe seems nice but then... too much applesauce! i think i will die making 10-12 apples...that will make a whole lot of muffins isnt it??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that'd make a whole lot of muffins but you can always tweak the amount to make the preferred number of muffins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was thinking of halving the recipe as i always does but half also means a 5 apples? hehe. even 1/4 also means a 2.5 apples... i got to slowly figure out on the recipe.. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually it's really simple and convenient. I always steam 5-6 small apples at one go. Then scoop out the flesh and puree. Very fast! I think it takes less than half an hour...

    ReplyDelete
  8. wah! i always makes only 1 apple.. lol. the applesauce usually last me a long long time......

    i usually peel out the skin before steaming but then the last time round i steam with the skin on n puree with the skin on as well. the skin just dissappear after puree.. hehe

    btw, i cant seem to find baking soda here anywhere! they sell only baking powder... thats another problem...

    ReplyDelete
  9. icic... last time she was crazy about applesauce so I have to make applesauce every week (6 small apples). I figured that 1 apple also steam the same amt of time I might as well steam more tgt and save on gas. :)

    If you give her the skin, make sure it's washed really well and preferably the apple's organic.

    That's really strange that you can't find baking soda. Try other supermarkets?

    ReplyDelete
  10. ive tried many! cant find.. all baking powder only.. wonder y..

    ReplyDelete

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...