Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

12/30/2009

Cream of Chicken Soup


I was intending to cook the cream of mushroom soup again yesterday because I still had some whipping cream left and it has to be used within 3 days of opening but my friend suggested that I should cook something else, like cream of chicken soup. And so I decided to take that suggestion up.

It was good too, like the cream of mushroom - though I think I prefer the mushroom soup I cooked the other day simply because I love the mushroomy taste. My hubby shares my sentiments. :)
Anyway, if you are health conscious or into calorie-counting, you can very well do without the cream and the milk and just go for a clear chicken soup (and add noodles or spaghetti for chicken noodle soup!).
Here's the recipe:
Cream of Chicken Soup (serves 2)
Ingredients:
  • chicken meat (I used about $2 worth of chicken fillet)
  • the white portion of 1 leek (diced)
  • 1/3 of a large carrot (diced)
  • 100ml milk
  • 100ml whipping cream
  • homemade chicken broth
  • 1/4 white onion (diced)
  • 1 clove garlic (diced)
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • cornflour
  • salt to taste
  • ground black pepper to taste (optional)
Seasoning (for chicken)
  • chicken marinade
  • ground black pepper
Method:
  1. Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes.
  2. Dice garlic, onion, leek and carrot.
  3. Steam marinated chicken. Retain gravy.
  4. Dice/shred cooked chicken. Set aside.
  5. Melt butter and fry garlic.
  6. Add diced onion, leek and carrot.
  7. Pour the chicken meat, chicken broth and the gravy from steaming in and simmer for 30minutes.
  8. Whisk in milk and cream.
  9. Add cornflour to thicken to desired consistency.
  10. Add salt to taste.
  11. Add a dash of pepper (if desired).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...