Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

12/02/2009

Mini Applesauce Muffins

I finally baked a new batch of muffins for Alicia. Initially I had intended to make banana muffins this time round but I didn't manage to get the bananas I wanted so I just stuck with applesauce instead. In any case, she's a great fan of applesauce and when she saw me preparing her applesauce that day while she was having dinner, she insisted on having the applesauce before she continued with the rest of dinner. I gave her 2 tablespoons of applesauce but after she finished it, she asked for more but I refused to give her more coz if not she would not have space in her little tummy for the rest of dinner...


Anyway, here's the pic of the new applesauce muffins:



And here's the recipe:



Mini Applesauce Muffins


Wet ingredients
200ml homemade applesauce
50ml olive oil
1 small egg (lightly beaten) (I use Seng Choon's First Born eggs and they are really quite small)



Dry ingredients
50ml Origin's organic raw sugar
150ml self-raising flour (sifted)
50ml whole wheat flour (sifted)
2 tablespoons Origin's raw wheatgerm (for extra nutrition)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt



Directions
Mix the wet ingredients and dry ingredients well separately.
Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
Stir in the wet ingredients, until just combined.
Spoon into lightly greased mini muffin tins. (I used mini silicon muffin cups I bought at Daiso and the muffins came out so easily!)
Bake at 180degC for about 17min, or until golden.



Freeze up to 3mths.



With this amount of ingredients, I made 19 mini applesauce muffins. I had experimented earlier on two other batches of muffins: the first I made with 100ml sugar but they turned out to be too sweet. The next batch I made I added baby oats on top of the rest of the ingredients and cut the sugar totally but the muffins turned out too hard for Alicia and it was too bland - virtually tasteless. And so, the third batch I made, I removed the baby oats and halved the sugar and voila! Perfect for Alicia's palate: soft and moist and most importantly, not too sweet or tasteless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...