Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

4/23/2010

Lunch - La Mian!

Bought this la mian from the market yesterday and this was our lunch today!

Alicia's portion:



And this is mine!



Alicia was quite happy to eat together with me at the coffeetable with me today - she stood while I sat. At one point, for a few minutes, there was silence in the house and all that could be heard was the sound of noodles being slurped. Hahaha. Anyway, she refused to try the minced pork balls totally but she did eat some of the spinach. She didn't finish her portion for she kept coming to my bowl after awhile and insisted from eating from mine. When I drank soup, she also insisted that she had to drink soup - from my spoon and bowl - immediately. Oh well. She's getting cuter by the day - before she started on the food, she told me, 'same same' (meaning that she was eating the same thing as me) and the food was 'hot hot'. :)

Anyway, since she didn't eat the pork (as expected), I had baked chicken wings on standby for her already and 2 baby corns on top of the spinach! hehe...

Here's how to cook this simple one-pot dish:

Ingredients (serves 1 adult + 1 toddler):
  • 1.5handfuls of la mian
  • 600ml stock
  • 2 handfuls baby spinach
  • 1 handful minced pork
  • fish sauce to taste

Marinate minced pork with:
  • oyster sauce
  • sesame oil
  • hua diao jiu
  • ground white pepper

Method:
  1. Bring a small pot of water to boil. Add the la mian and cook till soft but still slightly springy. Drain and set aside.
  2. Bring the stock to a boil.
  3. Add the spinach, let boil for a short while before adding the minced pork (shape into meatballs if desired).
  4. Just before dishing, add in the la mian.
  5. Add fish sauce to taste.
  6. Dish and serve.

I was working with what I had on hand so you can add more ingredients if you wish! :D I forgot to top the dish with the shallots and shallot oil though... pity...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...