Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

4/23/2010

Oyster sauce stir-fried chicken with veggies


I had to make do with this picture because I couldn't find my camera last evening when I wanted to take a photo of the dish, so I had to use hubby's phone. Anyway, I was frantically combing the house for the cam but I just couldn't find it... I began to start worrying that Alicia had thrown the camera into the recycling trash without my knowledge and I had just cleared out the whole bag in the morning. Yikes! Fortunately, hubby managed to find my camera after dinner - Alicia had hidden it in her toy car! What a relief to have found my trusty point-and-shoot cam! But needless to say, I hardly enjoyed my dinner because I thought my cam was gone for good.

What a long preamble... anyway, here's my recipe - it's really simple and healthy but I'd say nothing really much to rave about though... hehe :)


Oyster sauce stir-fried chicken with veggies

Ingredients:
  • 3 chicken thighs (skin removed, deboned, cut into pieces)
  • 6 baby corn (cut into pieces)
  • 1/2 red pepper (diced)
  • 1/2 Japanese cucumber (diced)
  • 2 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 4 pieces ginger
  • 1 bunch scallions (including the whitish portion, cut into 2" segments)
  • cornflour solution

Seasoning:
  • 1-2T oyster sauce

Marinate chicken with:
  • oyster sauce
  • hua diao jiu
  • Lee Kum Kee Chicken Marinade
  • sugar
  • a few dashes of ground black pepper
  • a bit of sesame oil

Method:
  1. Heat some oil in the wok. Fry the ginger and scallions till fragrant then add in the garlic.
  2. Add in the chicken pieces and fry for awhile till almost cooked.
  3. Add some water.
  4. Add in the baby corn and fry for a couple more minutes.
  5. Add oyster sauce.
  6. Add in the red pepper and Japanese cucumber just before dishing. Just let it fry for a very short while (1-2min) taking the opportunity to mix the ingredients evenly.
  7. Thicken gravy with cornflour solution.
  8. Dish and serve.

For toddler's consumption:
  • Make sure that all pieces of food are small enough for the tot to handle, especially the Japanese cucumber.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...