Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

9/20/2010

Chayote (chokos) with glass noodles


I'm really quite in love with this vegetable as you can see... I cook it as a dessert, I stir-fry it with prawns and dried shrimps and just over the weekend I tried cooking it with glass noodles.

I came across this idea while reading Ju's blog and I thought, I'd try it some day.

And so that day came and I cooked it.

I think I still prefer the thinly sliced version instead of the julienned one because I prefer my chayote to be crunchy rather than soft. But oh well, if I don't try it, I'd never know right? :P


Chayote (Chokos) with glass noodles


Ingredients:

  • 1 big chayote
  • 1 handful small dried shrimps
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 bowl stock
  • 1 bowl water
  • 1 small packet of glass noodles
  • fish sauce to taste



Method:

  1. Remove the skin and seed of the chayote and julienn.
  2. Rinse the dried shrimps a couple of times then soak in a bowl of water. Remove the shrimps and air-dry before frying (to prevent oil from splattering later). Reserve the bowl of water the shrimps were soaking in.
  3. Soak the glass noodles to soften them a bit.
  4. Heat oil in a wok and fry the garlic and dried shrimps till fragrant.
  5. Add the chayote and fry for 30sec before adding in the stock and bowl of water.
  6. Bring the stock to a boil then add the glass noodles.
  7. Add fish sauce to taste.
  8. Dish and serve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...