Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

1/23/2010

Preserved radish omelette



This is one of the really classic simple Chinese dishes. As a Teochew (or at least half a Teochew), I have grown up eating fried egg with preserved radish as one of the regular dishes that accompany a bowl of piping hot porridge. And I've always enjoyed it. In fact, I could eat my whole bowl of porridge with just this dish!

Yesterday I ran out of ideas what to cook for dinner and so I decided to go back to basics and just cook something simple. Anyway, hubby has been trying to order this dish from the economical rice stall downstairs so I thought, well, why not just cook it for him? It's so simple and convenient (though not that healthy an option)... I guess it won't hurt to eat it just once in a while right? :)

This time, instead of scrambling the egg, I decided to make it an omelette.


Preserved radish omelette

Ingredients:
  • a small handful of preserved radish (chai por)
  • 3 small eggs (beaten)


Method:
  1. Rinse the preserved radish a few times - till it's not too salty. If it's really salty, you may have to soak it for awhile.
  2. Heat the pan (if yours is a non-stick pan, you don't even need oil).
  3. Pour in the beaten eggs and swirl the egg in the pan so that there is even distribution of egg.
  4. Sprinkle the preserved radish as evenly as you can in the pan.
  5. Once the egg is cooked, turn it over and cook the other side.
  6. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave simplymommie a kind message

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...